Tuesday 27 February 2018

Fan Art

I found this mini brief particularly challenging as I haven't ever used a Wacom pad before. I'm not that happy at all with the final image I produced for this and think that if I'd given it more time/practice I would've been able to produce something miles better. The idea was to produce an illustration of Sriracha sauce as I eat it with everything... I find the image I produced to be quite flat, uninteresting and kinda ugly. I am going to have to dedicate more time to digital painting as it's a way of producing really interesting and engaging work and that's an area that I'd like to confident in. I think that I should have allowed a lot more time to this piece and then it could have been much more interesting. But given the time constraint and my lack of practice it didn't turn out at all how I'd have liked it. Here is the final image plus my colour palette:
















Some time needs to be put aside for me to practice with the Wacom pads and try and learn to understand them a bit more. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...