Sunday 29 March 2020

Photoshop Experiments





Using some of the scans I made the other day I have been mucking around on photoshop just trying to experiment and figure out new and exciting ways I can work. I wanted to create a chrome/metallic effect on some type which I managed to do quite well I think the end result looks really cool. I think playing with type or the design in general like this would be a good way of conveying the attitude of cosmic. Recently I have been quite attracted to the aesthetics of acid graphics, striking digital design with a lot of warped typography and bold, neon colours. Here's some examples: 




There's something really beautiful about these images, both definitely in your face, which I like. It seems as if the design ethos of this style wants to go against the grain of simplicity which challenges more traditional notions of graphic design. Much similar to the ethos of cosmic disco which certainly challenged the traditional dance/club scene of Italy. I want to try and take more active inspiration from some of these works, especially in terms of layout which is something I feel I often play safe with. I want to start incorporating some more depth into my posters through a more complex layout system. Visual research will help with this!

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...