Friday 27 March 2020

Scaaaaans

Since getting back into the flow of working but this time minus the university and it's facilities, I've just been scanning in a whole lot of stuff to use towards my project. At home I managed to find a couple books that explore Italian and Italian Renaissance art which have all provided great content. Some of the images I scanned in where of these black and white drawings that have a really nice quality to them.



The slide above shows all of the recent scans I have made. I think the ones on the first slide could be useful as well in providing some inspiration for layouts that I could use. There's a very harmonious structure in the floor plan like drawings. 

I'm getting to a point in this project now where a lot of work I'm creating is based on photography or scans rather that hand drawn and developed imagery. I think (hope) that this is ok considering I am studying illustration but will try check with a tutor at some point. I also do intend to incorporate hand drawn elements into my designs as well. The other imagery that I've been finding is sort of cosmic and disco related. Have this huge old atlas book which has beautiful hand rendered maps of the solar system and planets. Then I have also found gig and club night flyers that I have collected over the years which have quite relevant imagery as well. I think from here I am just going to play around with this stock and see where I can develop it to. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...