Sunday 5 April 2020

Boo-YA !


Through one of the links attached by Matt in the recent tutorial I had I found this website created by Simen Røyseland. Before being able to enter and navigate the website you are met with a video introduction to the site which is both captivating and funny meaning the visitor to the page is more or less bound to want to look through the site. A very clever method of driving traffic to the site. And then once you get onto the website, Simen has kept it simple to one main page which works as a brief explanation of himself. And from there certain words are underlined which when hovered over offer the user the chance to visit another area of the site or simply view work from his portfolio through pop up thumbnails that appear. 

I would absolutely love to create a website version of my publication in this way using HTML coding and whatever else is needed. However, I am not familiar with this process at all. I think in order to get the most out of this brief I am going to keep to designing the publication for print and once I've done this I will experiment with different methods of digital display. I'm currently thinking whether I could present it as the page spreads but use photoshop/aftereffects to add subtle moving image to the visuals on the pages. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...