Wednesday 27 March 2019

Tutorial

After my tutorial the other day I feel really confident with where this project is headed, albeit slightly stressed due to time constraints. It seems that using this shape as a constraint has the potential to work really well in creating a diverse range of illustrations that all have a similar foundation and in turn appearance. The key notes I took away from this meeting where to: 

- Consider having 4 or 5 set scales for the shape
- How could the shape/layout of the book be influenced by this shape?
- Use strictly this shape and no other ones
- Could the balloon benefit from a pattern fill?

These are all things that I will consider in the next steps that my partner and I take. I think that creating a pattern for the balloon would work really well and provide a nice decorative finish to the book. In a couple days I have a book binding workshop which should be useful in prompting some ideas as to what we could do when binding in order to achieve the correct finish. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...