Wednesday 27 March 2019

Book Binding Workshop

Todays book binding workshop was useful in opening my eyes to the many possibilities for how the final book could look. One method which I was particularly drawn to was the third image displayed on this post, that uses thick cardboard throughout the book for pages and cover. I think that this could look really nice if the images where printed on a smooth surfaced paper on top of the card. The problem with this method however is that it may restrict the amount of pages that could be included into the book due to it becoming increasingly bulky. We probably have about 15 or so spreads altogether which would mean it would probably end up being a bit too thick to work effectively. 

                                             

At this point in the project I think that our intention is to create a rectangular shaped book, potentially using a perfect bind with the new machine available in the print room. Using a thicker cover paper would help in giving it a professional and solid finish. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...