Saturday 30 March 2019

Coming together...

On this post I've displayed where we currently stand with the book and illustrations/layout/dims/etc. Got a much clearer idea now as to how the end piece is going to look, however, there's still a lot to do. 

We eventually (after looking through many children's in the library and in shops) decided to create the book in the shape of 200mm H X 250mm W. This size will allow us plenty of shape for a visually stimulating experience for the child reading, as well as allowing for larger text which should help with reading for younger children. The designs for the pages are coming along well and I am happy with the way that it is currently looking. It has been really interesting to see how versatile one shape can be and I feel inspired to use this technique or a similar one in future briefs. 

One country I am struggling with currently is India, and trying to communicate a sense of the place. I think undertaking some research into the scenery of the country in multiple forms (images/documentaries/sound) will be useful in prompting some ideas for which I can develop a good idea for the spread. 

Russia and Madagascar are currently the two spreads that I'm feeling most proud of. I think that the use of shape and colour in each one is working really well to catch the eye of the reader as well as giving off a well articulated feel of the country they are illustrating. Hopefully through refinement and conversations with peers I should be able to achieve this finish throughout all the countries. 


(Intro)

(France)

(Egypt)

(Russia)

(India)

(China)

(Japan)


(Brazil)


(Madagascar)


(Stars Spread)

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...