Thursday 14 May 2020

Print Run Plan - Newspaper Club


My plan is to eventually get a print run done of my publication. This is a part of the project that I was really looking forward too before the whole world shut down. I would have loved to have been able to commit to the whole print process myself however, due to the situation this will have to do for now. It's something that I will have to wait until I can do though as I just don't have enough money right now to afford it. 

The options that Newspaper Club offers are really exciting. I initially thought I would get it printed in a glossy paper, however, since looking through the site and all the different options available, I now think that it would look great in news print. In A5 or A4 size, I can't decide. Probably leaning towards A4 though as the text might not be visible in A5. I would also not want to get it printed until I hear back from Electronic Beats, I asked them whether they would be ok with me presenting the publication on social media etc as obviously it's their content. I don't want to get involved in any copyright disputes right at the beginning of my career... 

This company presents a really good opportunity for me to get this work printed to a high quality, professional standard. This would mean I could send copies out to agencies, art directors, potential clients and hopefully stand a chance of getting noticed. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...