Thursday 14 May 2020

Time Management














Throughout this brief I have been really strict with myself and ensuring that I stick to a time plan in order to get the most out of myself. This is something that I have struggled with a lot in past projects. However I feel like I managed to really whip myself into shape this time around. Some of the ways that I managed to achieve this where:


  • Throughout this project I have kept a calendar right at my desk and added important course events onto it as well as goals for myself and my work. Keep this calendar right next to me at my desk was especially useful as it meant I was always subconsciously aware of what needed to be done and by when. Also, crossing off the days as I finish my days work seemed to help me too. It ensured I new how much time was left and the time between certain personal goals related to my project. 
  • As well as the calendar I also kept a mountain of to do list's throughout (just a few are evidenced in the chaotic GIF below...). The one in the image above shows my final uni to do list which is a bit crazy! Just having it in my field of vision whilst I'm working has been a really useful tool as, again, I think it makes it's way into my subconscious and means that I don't have to get all stressed out and last minute about things because I have already been able to stay on track. 
  • I feel really proud of myself for being able to overcome this hurdle of mine. If in previous projects I was as on it with my time handling as I have been throughout this brief, then I think the resulting work would have been of a higher standard. Best not to dwell on what could have been though, at least now I know how to implement this into my future work! 


Endless To Do Lists: 


Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...