Friday 31 January 2020

Poster experimentation



Here are some of the images I created at the very beginning of the brief. There don't really have much contextual relevance to my project as I made them when I was still very much in the figuring out stage. I still don't know exactly where I am headed but have confidence in the face that this will all come together the more I create things!

Four out the five images I created here I used my wacom pad to give an airbrushed effect which I found really cool. It's a technique that I have never explored in my work to date and I think I was kind of scared of trying it as my usual work is very blocky and simple which is the polar opposite of this style. I find the aesthetic really endearing and quite mystical which resonates with my idea to look into music and the subjective narratives that exist within it. 

One of my goals for this year was to explore the graphic design side of my practice further, and so I am going to use this brief to really push my poster and overall layout design skills. I know that these will be part of my outcomes for this project. I also think creating a publication would be an excellent and exciting way to house the imagery and also give me the opportunity to involve text in some way. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...