Tuesday 7 January 2020

Stolen Museum

Riso-print Workshop:


The piece that I used for the Riso workshop was a idea developed during the stolen museum brief, so I decided to include it here. Playing around with the shapes and type that existed in the artefact I found allowed me to create a whole new image which I think came out really nicely in the Riso printer. Having the colour constraint meant the outcome was reasonably unexpected however I was able to manipulate the finish when I scanned in the prints and played around with them on photoshop. Where I also added some more texture to the image. Really like the efficiency of this process which allows for a similar aesthetic as screen-printing in much less time. Would like to explore this process further as it would be a great way to print a zine or some other sort of publication/poster series. Whilst also allowing me to spend more time with other processes. 


Stolen Museum Outcome: 


Here is the final outcome that I created for the stolen museum brief. The starting artefact I used was a 'word-card game' called Bali (will attach an image below). I begun my process simply exploring different uses of the shapes that where used in the design of the game and manipulating their composition in order to create a new image. I found it really satisfying finding some sort of order to fit all of the components of the image into. Which led me to creating a grid style layout in which I created multiple visual elements, and a very vague/subjective narrative. Using the card sized boxes I wanted to include elements of the starting point within the outcome but not too obviously. Using halftone gave some depth to it and has left me considering whether I should take this further and screen print - or riso! Overall very happy with the outcome of this brief, only thing I think could have gone slightly better is the strength of the concept. 

  
(Chosen artefact)

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...