Monday 13 April 2020

After Effects GIF Practice

Really fell off of the bandwagon last week or so, which I semi allowed myself to do considering the madness of this world we are now inhabiting. I lost my creative drive and decided to pick up something I haven't in a while to get back into my groove. I enjoy making gifs and moving images in general so decided to get back onto After Effects are a long hiatus from the software. It gives a lot more flexibility and opportunity when designing moving images so I looked forward to getting back into it. I just worked on a piece I had created recently as cba right now to conjure up a whole new poster. 


Anyways here's what I made, didn't spend too long on it as just experimenting really and getting myself back to grips with the programme. I want to merge physical posters into the digital realm and create something that is seemingly still and flat until you notice small bits of motion and change in effect. With social media being such a big platform for culture and basically everything I am remembering to take this into account with my outcomes. 

I am now thinking that maybe instead of mocking up 10 posters that would have been printed if it weren't for Covid-19, maybe I will make an animation of a this series of posters. This can accompany the publication that I create. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...