Thursday 9 April 2020

Publication Ideas


Have started to think a bit more about the publication that I will be creating to house the interview with Baldelli. Since having to adapt to the new submission requirements I am thinking of incorporating some moving image aspect into this publication if I have the technical opportunity/time available following design of the print version. 

What's important for me when culminating my work and the interview into this piece is that there is a synergy between the visuals and the text. I'm not aiming for the 'illustrations' to be direct communicators of text that they set alongside, I am more aiming to communicate the mood of Baldelli's experiences in a subjective manner. This isn't to say that I won't be referring to the information I have when designing, I do think that it is very important that I am conscious of how I am organising imagery alongside the text, layouts and type decisions. 

The research images I have put in the slides above don't necessarily include such a subjective use of media, however I more wanted to include them as I enjoy the layout options they might inspire. Articulate use of layout and typography is still relatively unchartered territory but I look forward to having a real go at it in the last stretch of this brief. I feel like I have gained confidence and experience with it over the last couple years (such as in last years 504 extended practice where I collaborated with a fellow student on graphic design to produce a children's book) and now is time for me to apply what I've learnt!

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...