Thursday 7 May 2020

Peer feedback 06/05/2020

Updated version of publication:




Have been working tirelessly over the last few days since my last dose of feedback - taking all of the recent points into consideration. I am at a point now where all I really have left to design is the cover spread of the publication, which is quite the job... But I am so pleased with the the rest of it and happy to have the majority of the work done. Prior to our crit yesterday evening I prepared some questions about the current state of my project which I planned to bring up when looking through my work:

- Am not feeling very strongly about the final spread, both the layout and last (blank) page seem to be lacking something. Any suggestions as to how this could be improved?
- Does the image on page 8 fit in successfully with the rest of the spread? And the rest of the images of the publication for that matter.
- Any tips for the cover spread? Planned to go for a retro magazine influenced cover design. 

Crit Crew:


Feedback notes:

- To make final spread more appropriate, consider making it link visually with the layout/use of type in the first spread. Perhaps including a conclusive sentence/quote? Or could moved 'Designed by...' to back page?
- Unsure about alien on last page.
- Designing cover spread in style of an old magazine would work nicely. However, not too intensely as think the style of the publication hints at this influence rather than working specifically as a magazine itself. 
- Inclusion of text/stickers/labels on front & back covers. 
- Presenting digitally with moving image would be really nice. 

So may next steps are really to just finish of the publication design by amending the details raised in this crit and finalising the cover design. Once I have completed this I am going to create an ISSU document to showcase the work as it would be printed. I then aim to explore other ways of presenting the publication in digital form that could hopefully involve slight animation and music. I also think adding some texture into the pages could work nicely and add to the vintage/retro feel of the over all design. This is something I'll also experiment with in the coming days. 

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...