Tuesday 5 May 2020

Airbrush Process




I wanted to show a few process GIFs of my recent work just to give an ideas as to how I've been working. I have usually been starting with sketched out drawings which I will first produce 2D on Illustrator, then will copy the shapes over to Photoshop. From this point I will separate all of the different components of the image and add them into individual groups which makes the process of rendering a lot easier - need to be organised! I generally tend to use my Wacom pad to create the tone layers. I also occasionally use fills and gaussian blurs which can work pretty nicely, I guess it just depends on the look I'm going for in the specific image. Once I have reached a good place with the rendering I tend to experiment with layer masks as I find this gives another element to the image which is often unpredictable and exciting. This can also be pushed further if I bevel & emboss the mask layer giving a real sense of shape and texture to the image.  

Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...