Tuesday 19 March 2019

Development

Recently I've developed my ideas from my sketchbook into digital designs using illustrator along with the textures that I created through mono-printing and painting. I have been enjoying the way that these images have been turning out and believe that they have a good relevance to the story and the manner in which my partner and I have been wanting to communicate it. One detail that I'm quite fond of so far is the houses surrounding the theatre building on the spread for Russia. The refined, blocky finish really works to communicate a feeling of the country. 

One thing I have been struggling with at the moment is my own investment in these designs. I do feel happy so far with the way that they are looking and can see potential as to where it could go, however, I am slightly battling myself when it comes to whether or not we should be using this texture. The fluidity of this style is not something that I am particularly useful as I tend to work more in bold block colour and shape. So this is presenting a bit of a hurdle. Hopefully, through further development, I'll find ways to merge my own tastes into this unknown territory. 













Final Reflective Report

The extended project has allowed me to investigate a range of concepts and practical processes that are fundamental to my practice. I feel...